Monday, January 19, 2009

Edging Finish : Mata Lalat, Tulang Belut, Karipap & Pucuk Rebung

Last weekend I went to Epal center & spent a good 2 hours to learn some new techniques using different pattern dials & stitch widths. I don't know if they have a name in English but they are Mata Lalat, Tulang Belut, Karipap & Pucuk Rebung. These techniques are normally used in traditional Malay attire like Baju Kurung & Baju Melayu. Tulang Belut is especially challenging because you just need to ensure the machine pinch just a little bit on the edge of the cloth. I have a new found respect for those tailors who can make really good Tulang Belut on Baju Melayu.

Also, I got the stuffs I need for my January project. I'll be making a multi-purpose basket for my dear husband who seems to have so many small stuffs (keys, coins, pen drive, badges etc.) that he tends to put away on top of any empty surfaces around the house ;p. Thanks for supporting my course honey! eheehee...Now, I need find out where I can get a reasonably priced rotary cutter set..any suggestion?


0 comments: