Monday, January 19, 2009

Inspired thru people

I have been blog-hopping again - on craft & art world of course. And this time, I felt something is changing within me.. I am inspired by these people. They're not big giant corporate figures, but rather normal people who struggles thru real life issues, like you and me.

I'm amazed by Amy Butler who actually went back to revisit her past - remembering her little passport-sized bags that she used to make so passionately years ago..she wanted to revive the fire in her when she made those cute lil bags & worked hard to sell it..she just went for it ,pursue her dreams & now she is an established fabric pattern designer. She also shared the love by giving back to her community & women shelter. I am awe inspired! Here is her full story.

Joel Dewberry, a fantastic designer & craftsman, building his childhood dream. He owns an online store that sells fabulous textiles & fabrics..I'm loving them! Read his story here.

Last but not least is Anna Maria Horner, a mother of five who not only set to pursue her art & craft dreams, but also to raise a big family with her loving husband. Her abilities comes in every form of craftsmanship & artwork - from sewing, design, painting, photography that helps to increase her artistic growth. Now, that's what I called a real life!

What moved me is that, to me, these are people with bravery. They are brave enough to find that little voice within them & follow their passion. To honestly look inside themselves, find their true passion & went all the way to achieve it - thru good or bad. They believe in themselves & that they CAN achieve it - that is a highly courageous act.

-Anna Maria Horner collection -

0 comments: