Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fab Fabrics in Paris van Java!

As the Chinese New Year holiday concluded, I decided that I shouldn't delay any much longer to share with you my recent exciting trip to Bandung, the so-called Paris van Java. As have been experienced by many before me, I got my mind and heart racing with excitement as we walked into the many factory outlets and shops. Bandung is a textile heaven, especially for those who are on budget watch. Of course you could also find high-end merchandises, but it has so much to offer for anyone with any kind of budget.


A lot of factory outlets, shops and eateries sprawl along Jalan Dago, which was jam packed with out-of-towners and tourists like us. Among the factory outlets that I can remember was Rumah Mode, Episodes and many others that I can't seem to recall. The interior of the outlets are modern and exquisitely decorated to lure the eager and inquisitive shoppers. Some has its own cafe and eateries for the convenience of the customers and offered brand items like Hugo Boss, Guess, Esprit etc. Other than this street, Jalan Riau and Jeans Street are among the streets that you can explore.

But I think roaming around Pasar Baru is much more fun because you can put your bargaining skills to the test! If you are lucky and skill enough in bargaining, you could get a really nice and quality stuffs for a cheaper price.


Some of the things I brought home..


Some batik clothes..


My personal favorite..a nice kebaya for my sis :)


Other stuffs that caught my attention..



I hope to go there again someday..now, back to my sewing!

0 comments: